Installing barbed wire on the fence of your house or property in Nigeria will add extra security to it and deter intruders from breaking into your property.
And this article will answer the question ‘What is barbed wire price in Nigeria?’ and we will also look at the cost of barbed wire installation in Nigeria.
Adding barbed wire on your property’s fence depends on the overall security of the area where your site is located and your willingness to take extra measures to secure your home.
Let us look at the importance of barbed wire in masonry fencing and why you may use it on your fence.
Read Also: Price of Electric Fence Wire in Nigeria
Read Also: Cost of Building a Shop in Nigeria
Table of Contents
Importance of barbed wire in fencing
Using barbed wire on the wall of your fence will help to keep intruders away and protect your property because when people see small spikes on the fence wall, they are immediately discouraged from entering the premises.
Also, barbed wire is cost–effective and this means that you do not necessarily have to spend so much in adding extra security to your property.
More so, barbed wire is relatively easy to maintain, unlike electric fence wire which requires an energizer and electric power to function.
The following are reasons why you may install barbed wire on the masonry fence of your property.
Read Also: Cost of aluminum windows in Nigeria
Read Also: Ceiling Boards Price in Nigeria
- It is easy to install
- It is cheaper compared to electric fence wire
- It gives a sense of security
- It is readily available in the market
- It is versatile – can be used in commercial and residential buildings
- It can be customized
- It adds more aesthetics to your property
- It adds value to your property
Read Also: Price of Iron Rods in Nigeria
Read Also: Price of Cement in Nigeria
Barbed Wire Price in Nigeria
The price of barbed wire depends on its length and quality and generally ranges from 10,000 naira to 40,000 naira.
The following are the prices of different lengths of razor barbed wire in Nigeria:
- 25m length – 60,000naira
- 12m length – 12,000 naira
- 15m length – 20,800 naira
- 30m length – 35,000 naira
Read Also: Cost of Plumbing a House in Nigeria
The price of 1 roll of barbed wire in Nigeria ranges from 20,000 naira to 60,000 naira or more depending on its weight and length.
The price of 1 meter of barbed wire in Nigeria is 650 naira or more depending on its quality.
The length of 25kg of barbed wire is about 240 meters.
The length of 35kg of barbed wire is about 840 meters.
The length of 50kg of barbed wire is about 1350 meters.
Read Also: Cost of Fencing Land in Nigeria
Read Also: Cost of Wiring a House in Nigeria
Cost of Barbed Wire Installation in Nigeria
The cost of barbed wire installation in Nigeria depends on the size of your site or property and the amount the installer is willing to accept.
The followings are the estimated cost of barbed wire installation in Nigeria:
|Plot size||cost of wire installation|
|1 plot||30,000 naira to 50,000 naira|
|2 plots||40,0000 naira to 60,000 naira|
|3 plots||45,000 naira to 65,000 naira|
|4 plots||50,000 naira to 65,000 naira|
Read Also: How to Sell Land Fast in Nigeria
Read Also: Price of Tiles in Nigeria
Read Also: 1.5 mm Wire Price in Nigeria
- Make sure the Masonry fence on which you are to install barbed wire is not a dwarf wall (unless such fence is needed) and that it is high enough so that it will not injure children and innocent passersby.
- If your property is on a plot of land, you will budget between 100,000 naira to 130,000 naira for barbed wire installation, and this figure will include the price of the wire and labor.
- Make sure you know the perimeter of your land before purchasing the fence wire to avoid waste, and the person to install it can help you in calculating the land perimeter.